This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to our disclaimer for more information.
There is no denying the fact that Spinach is a superfood. These leafy greens have so much to offer right from boosting the hydration, strengthening the immune system to keeping the eyes healthy. Chicken on the other hand is a lean protein with high nutritional value. When you combine these two, you get nothing but a power packed spinach chicken dish. In this blog post, I will share with you a super delicious recipe combining these two which you can also consider to be a nice variation to the regular chicken recipes.
In India, Spinach is also known as Palak. This Palak Chicken recipe is a nice twist to the regular spinach curry or palak curry.
I have also used Shan Korma Masala in this recipe. However if the same brand is not available in your market then you can use korma masala of any other brand.
What to serve with Spinach Chicken
To have a complete spread for a get together , you can pair this curry up with Chicken Tava Kebab.
Recipe benefits for people suffering from food allergies
If you have tried out this recipe or anything else from our blog then we would love to hear your feedback. Please give it a rating and leave a comment in the section below or tag a photo @family.fun.tech and #familyfuntech on Instagram. Thank you!
Healthy Palak/ Spinach Chicken
- Cooking Pot
- 500 grams Chicken pieces Some boneless chicken breast, with a few in bone pieces and chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tbsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 4 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Green Chilies optional
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt as required
- 2 bunches Fresh Spinach leaves
- 2 big Onions finely chopped
- 2 big Tomato Puree
- 2 medium Potato cut in large cubes
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Shan Korma Masala or any other packed Korma masala
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Mix all ingredients mentioned in “Chicken Marinade” and allow it to rest for at least half an hour500 grams Chicken pieces, 1 ½ tbsp Coriander Powder, ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder, 1 tsp Cumin Powder, 4 tbsp Yoghurt, 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste, 1 Green Chilies, 2 tsp Red Chili Powder, ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder, Salt as required
- Wash the Spinach leaves and blanch it by by putting it in hot boiling water for 2 minutes and then allowing it to cool. Once cooled purée it2 bunches Fresh Spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a deep vessel on medium high heat. Add the cumin seeds and bay leaves. Fry for a few seconds until it releases an aroma1 tsp Cumin seeds, 3 tbsp Oil, 2 Bay leaves
- Now add the onions to the vessel and sauté it until it turns golden brown.2 big Onions
- After the onions have turned golden brown add the potatoes and fry for a few minutes2 medium Potato
- Add the tomato purée and cook on high flame until the water evaporates and the tomatoes are soft2 big Tomato Puree
- Turning down the flame to medium heat, add Shan Korma Masala and keep frying with little water at a time until the oil starts to separate2 tbsp Shan Korma Masala
- Now, add the “Chicken Marinade” into the vessel, add a little water, cover and cook it on slow flame until oil separates
- Once the oil has separated remove the lid and add the spinach purée and cook until the chicken and potato are well done.
- Serve with roti/ paratha or rice.
- If you need help with any Herb or Spice listed in this recipe then refer to the guide: List of Herbs and Spices