This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to our disclaimer for more information.
Did you know that Millet is naturally gluten free? Yes, besides being gluten free it is also rich in potassium and an excellent source of Vitamin A. You can read more on this on Health Benefits of Millet and you will be amazed on this powerhouse grain. Being allergic to multiple things has led me to a constant hunt for new recipes that I could try my hands on to make my life as normal as possible. This is when I stumbled upon this power house grain Millet. Probably I would have never given it a try it it wasn’t for my allergies. In this blog post I will share with you a variation of Natalie’s Millet cookies recipe which opened a whole new door and the possibility of baking with Millet Flour.
Oh boy! The happiness I felt at that time, I cannot express it in words. Even just the thought and the possibility to be able to eat a cookie or a simple biscuit again with my tea or coffee is one of the best joy’s I have felt in a long time.
The very same day I tried baking the cookies. However I had to make a few changes in the ingredients depending on what was available with me in my pantry. Just let’s say they turned out to be super delicious 😋. They turned out so good that I made another batch the same evening itself.
Based on the measurements mentioned below in the recipe, I managed to make 8 medium size cookies. Yes, you can see a stack of 6 in the image because I landed up eating 2 instantly 😄.
Recipe benefits for people suffering from food allergies
If you have tried out this recipe or anything else from our blog then we would love to hear your feedback. Please give it a rating and leave a comment in the section below or tag a photo @family.fun.tech and #familyfuntech on Instagram. Thank you!
Vegan Millet Flour Cookies
- 1 Mixer Grinder/ Blender
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Sieve
- 1 Oven
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- ¼ Cup Millet Flour
- ¼ Cup Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup Vegan Butter Soft at room temperature
- Blend the sugar in a blender to make fine powdered sugar and then sift it through to remove coarse pieces (discard the coarse parts, if any)3 tbsp Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- In a mixing bowl add the flours and fine powdered sugar. Mix well.¼ Cup Millet Flour, ¼ Cup Rice Flour
- Then add the softened butter and mix well to form a dough¼ Cup Vegan Butter
- Line a baking sheet with parachament paper and set aside
- Make small size balls and flatten them on your palm with the help of your fingers then place them on the baking tray leaving enough gaps between them
- Preheat the oven for 5 mins at 180° C
- Place the tray in the oven and at the same temperature and bake for 15 mins until the sides turn light brown in colour
- Once done with the help of a spatula lightly lift the cookies and place them on a cooling rack. Do not worry at this point in time the cookies will be very delicate and soft but after it cools it will get firm and crumbly in texture
- Lastly store it in an air tight container and enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee
- I have used coconut sugar in this recipe since it’s available with me however you can opt for brown sugar completely but make sure it’s in the same quantity as the flour.
- The Millet flour that I have used in the recipe is a ready mix packet. However if you have a high speed blender then you can blend the millets to make your own flour as well.
Leave a Reply